Enjoy Bordeaux wineries and Cognac distilleries tours on board of confortable & smart people mover
Ford's tourneo Custom is one of the best players on the people movers scene. That is why I have chosen this vehicle to offer my private tours through Bordeaux wineries and Cognac distilleries and to enjoy scenic drives along Arcachon Bay or the Gironde estuary wild banks !
It’s a flexible and capable people mover that features a modern design both inside and out, and a range of advanced options. This people carrier delivers first class travel for up to 8 passengers in a premium interior for all your private tours through Bordeaux wineries or Cognac distilleries.
First introduced in 2013, Tourneo Custom is the flagship of Ford’s family of Tourneo people movers. It’s a flexible and capable people carrier that features a modern design both inside and out, and a range of advanced options and technology. This makes it a more attractive proposition than some of its more established rivals!
Under the bonnet lies an economical 2.2-litre diesel engine and the Tourneo Custom is claimed to offer a much more refined experience than any previous equivalents.
I have to say that I have chosen to offer tours in this vehicule as it is still more comfortable than other van-based people movers I've experienced.
The 2.2 l engine delivers plenty of pulling power, allowing the Ford to make swift progress even when fully loaded with 87 passengers & luggage.
The people mover taken to a new level !
Practical, comfortable, safe and efficient, it also lavishes its occupants with a good level of comfort !
1. Security on board: Your safety is taken very seriously !
It offers a stylish interior that combines the comfort and quality of a car with outstanding space and practicality. There’s a host of technology to protect you as passengers.
- A strong bodyshell : The Tourneo Custom’s robust body structure delivers improved crash resistance and stiffness. The increased stiffness also results in significant improvements to the ride and handling and reduces the noise and vibration inside the vehicle.
- Wipers that automatically adjust to the rain : Rain-sensing wipers spring into action when they detect moisture on the windscreen, then adjust their speed to deal with whatever the weather is.
Ford Tourneo Custom safety is very good. It has a strong structure and a wide range of safety systems to protect occupants. Standard safety equipment includes driver and passenger front and seat-mounted side airbags, curtain airbags for front seat passengers, electronic stability control, hydraulic brake assist...
2. Comfort for all the 8 passengers on board
The Tourneo Custom truly excels when it comes to comfort! Yes, easy to climb in with the handles ! It's not too arduous to climb through the large door aperture into the cab.
- Twin sliding doors & foot boards : For greater flexibility and easier access, there are 2 sliding doors. These 2 huge sliding doors on either side make it easy to get into and out of. Great care has gone into their design. There are also premium quality running boards below the doors which give easy acess to high heels shoes lovers and limited mobility people (walking sticks, ect…).
- Spacious and luxurious cabin features with 6 individual seats ! The Tourneo also has a very high roof that means masses of headroom for all. All 8 chairs will comfortably accommodate a tall adult because the cabin is enormous. The knees of the folk in the third row won't come close to touching the backrest of the previous seat in front of them, and the middle seats have truly spaceous legroom ; enough to put many limousines to shame !
- Travelling comfort is further enhanced by seat designs featuring foam padding for optimised support. Rear seat passengers will also appreciate the effective air conditioning system offering faster cooling or heating.
The large people mover has been engineered to provide superior levels of refinement and sophistication, including high-quality materials, improved comfort and noise levels. Passenger compartment insulation is much improved, too, meaning that engine, road and wind noise are not an issue.
The 2.2 l diesel engine makes your trip very peaceful and easy going. The Tourneo's ride is a mixed bag : It goes easily on smooth A-roads and some more challenging B-roads. Still very confortable when a few people on board, the suspension takes the sting out of most nasty bumps and stays nicely controlled.
4 - Modernity
Throughout the vehicle, the interior trim is very pleasant, from the headliner and seats to the side panels and carpets. The selection of more upscale materials, in stylish, contemporary colours & design, reinforce the impression of quality and attention to detail within the cabin. Sophisticated execution continues inside with an all-new instrument panel based on Ford’s new interior design philosophy which offers an attractive, user-centric layout that is influenced by consumer interactions with smart devices and tablets.
Ford’s SYNC communications and entertainment system will enable to control audio, navigation and connected smartphones.
- Auto-Start-Stop system : When stopped at traffic lights or vehicle is idling in a queue, this technology can automatically switch off the engine (while still supplying power to essentials like the headlights, air-conditioning, radio and the Ford SYNC system). When ready to move, just depressing the clutch and the system restarts. Auto-Start-Stop is particularly effective in city streets and reduces fuel consumption by up to 10% and pollution as a consequence.
- Everything in its place and a place for everything. There’s plenty of clever covered storage, 12V power sockets, an auxiliary input and a standard USB port. Smart features, such as cup-holders, bottle-holders, back-seat containers for laptops, door bins …
All of that makes it more expensive than a Renault Traffic or a Peugeot Expert, but a good bit cheaper than the Mercedes Viano… superior to both, though. So, if you need as many seats as I can offer, the Ford is where your tour through Bordeaux wineries/Cognac distilleries would go.
5. Touring Bordeaux wineries and Cognac distilleries on board of confortable people mover
- up to 8 passengers and still offers some usable boot space with all of them in place.
- The longer model that I have chosen provides additional luggage space behind the third seat row. The 6 seats can also be flipped down and tumbled to give you various load-carrying configurations : maximise the luggage area or meet special business or lifestyle requirements.
- high seating position gives you a real king-of-the-road view out. Lots of glass and slim pillars on all sides of the Tourneo make all-round visibility great to enjoy landscapes and scenic drives trhough the vineyards
- 12 V sockets offering opportunities to charge your devices and smartphones