Private Tour : Saint-Emilion village and wineries from Bergerac Airport
Discover the Saint-Emilion wineries and the superb medieval village with a pick-up at Bergerac airport!
- Pick-up of your group at Bergerac airport. Commented transfer with your licensed guide and driver to Saint-Emilion wine country (60 km - about 1 hour drive).
Visit Saint-Emilion, beyond wine: a amazing medieval village!
Well, you immediately think of wine but do you know that it is a medieval village with an extremely well preserved heritage? We are an hour's drive east of Bordeaux...
As soon as you enter the village, you will be amazed by the remains of the "Great Walls" or those of the Cardinal Palace. Immerse yourself in the history of a village that was built around a pilgrimage spot long before it became a capital of wine. Originally, Saint Emilion is a medieval town built on a rocky promontory around a legendary ermitage linked to the history of a Benedictine monk called Emilion, living in the 8th century, after whom the village has been renamed!
The small town of Saint-Emilion is a jewel. Did you know that it has been listed on UNESCO's World Heritage List since 1999? But an exceptional thing, it is not only the buildings of the city on which UNESCO has focused its interest, it is the landscape including the 5,000 hectares vineyards which has been considered as a "cultural landscape".
Don't follow the tourist cohort... Of course, you are part of the million visitors who visit the narrow streets of the medieval city every year, but you are different: you will choose to let yourself be impregnated by the special atmosphere that reigns in the village of Saint Emilion! At each corner of the street, the building is a remaining landmark of the artistic, spiritual and commercial abundance of the city in the Middle Ages. The story is everywhere around you if you let your eyes wander.
Discover and understand Saint-Emilion wines
During the day, we will schedule 2 wine tastings in wineries to discover the great characteristics of this world-famous wines. Saint-Emilion wines are worldwide renowned for their quality : come and discover the secrets of blending our grape varieties and taste our elegant wines, dominated by Merlot which is the king here, on our clay-limestone soils. Thanks to very strict production criterias, each vintage is unique because the Saint-Emilion appellation offers a multifaceted terroir.
- Transfer to your accommodation in Saint-Emilion area (15 km around the village). End of services at your place of stay (Libourne, Saint-Emilion, Pomerol)
- The services of a licensed driver & tour guide for a full day guided tour
- Transportation with air-conditionned minivan up to 7 passengers maximum (Included : fuel, tolls and parking fees) from Bergerac aiport and drop-off near Libourne/Saint Emilion
- Insurance for all passengers while on board
- 50cl bottle of water per person
- The booking organisation regarding the access to underground religious monuments
- The booking organisation regarding the wineries
- The guide's lunch
- Entrance fees for access to underground monuments : 9€ per pers. in 2018
- Wine tastings in wineries : from 5€ à 22€/pers./winery depending on your interests and wineries (to be paid on the spot)
- Transfer to Bordeaux city centre : +70€
- Personal expenses