Private half-day Tour : Saint-Emilion village and wineries from Bordeaux
Private half-day tour: Discover the village Saint-Emilion and surrounding vineyards and wineries from Bordeaux centre!
- Pick-up of your group in Bordeaux centre (your hotel or meeting place previously fixed) at the beginning of the afternoon around 13h00 - Commented transfer to Saint-Emilion.
Visit the medieval village of Saint Emilion
Saint-Emilion... Admittedly, you immediately think of wine but do you know that it is a medieval village with an extremely well preserved heritage... In 1999, the small town of Saint-Emilion and its surrounding vineyards have been included in the list of World Heritage sites for Humanity, as a "cultural landscape" by UNESCO.
An exceptional religious medieval heritage
Originally, Saint Emilion is a medieval town built on a rocky promontory around a legendary hermitage linked to the history of the monk Emilion to whom the name of the town is due. The village benefited from its location on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela and many churches, monasteries and hospices were built there from the 11th century!
Of course, in addition to our guided tour of the village of Saint-Emilion, I will be pleased to book for you the entrance to the underground monuments linked to the history of the village and the Saint-James way to Compostela, as pilgrims could take a break here to visit the relics of the monk : enter through the catacombs galleries and the largest monolithic church in Europe!
Through the steep streets and the cobbles, let yourself travel back into the history of this city!
Tasting the wines of Saint-Emilion
During this half-day discovery tour of Saint-Emilion, we will schedule two wine tasting visits to wineries to discover the great characteristics of this world-famous wine. You will appreciate the great characteristics of Bordeaux wines, which are above all blended wines. Here the blended red wines are largely dominated by merlot which gives them the elegance of Saint-Emilion wines.
The order of the visits may be reversed depending on the availability of the partners.
- At the end of the day (around 6:30 pm), transfer back to Bordeaux for an arrival around 7:30 pm.
- The services of a licensed driver & tour guide for a guided tour up to 6 hours
- Transportation with air-conditionned minivan up to 7 passengers maximum (Included : fuel, tolls and parking fees)
- Insurance for all passengers while on board
- A 50cl bottle of water per person
- The booking organisation regarding the wineries
- The booking organisation regarding the access to underground religious monuments
- Entrance fees for access to underground religious monuments in Saint-Emilion : +9€/pers.
- Wine tatsings in Saint-Emilion wineries : from 5€ to 25€/pers. considering your interests, wishes and wineries (to be paid on the spot )
- Personal expenses