Private Tour : Cognac distilleries from Angoulême or Cognac
Differents meeting point or pick-up can be offered for this tour "Discover Cognac distilleries"
- Angoulême : your hotel or train station
- Angoulême or Cognac neighborhoods (10/15 km)
- Cognac : your hotel
Visit the Cognac vineyards (about 9% of the French vines superficy)
Today, the Cognac vineyard is known worldwide and is divided into 6 CRUS (production areas): La Grande-Champagne, Petite Champagne, les Borderies (the smallest), les Fins Bois, les Bons Bois and les Bois Ordinaires.
Come and discover the mysteries of Cognac's famous brandy
with a guided tour of the Cognac vineyards.
- You want to experience the distillation of eaux-de-vies de Cognac, then let's meet in winter (between November and March) during the distillation campaign
- A pleasant walk in the green vineyards of the Charentes? so come in spring or summer...
Each season will be an opportunity to discover Cognac's vineyards.
and to meet some of the vine growers and distillers of the region.
We can also plan some stops in the charming villages of the Charentes countryside or in pretty romanesque churches.
With me, you can enjoy the narrow roads that cross the vineyard and understand the differences between terroirs that make each Cognac unique. I will help you to push the doors of several distilleries, take a look behind the curtains, in order to understand the specificities of the soils but also the secrets of ageing process in oak barrels.
Come and taste the famous Pineau des Charentes,
whose secret recipe is kept by each winegrower!
Do not hesitate to let me know your wishes and interests in terms of discovery or tasting and I will help you to make bookings in the cognac distilleries that will meet your expectations.
- End of services back to the meeting point in Cognac or Angoulême.
- Transportation with air-conditionned minivan up to 7 passengers maximum (Included : fuel, tolls and parking fees)
- The services of a licensed driver & tour guide for a guided tour up to 9 hours
- Insurance for all passengers while on board
- A 50cl bottle of water per person
- Booking organisation with distilleries from my database
- The guide's lunch
- Cognac tastings : consider from 5€ to 70€ depending on your interests and Cognac brands (To be paid on the spot - Caution : lots of small distilleries don't accept credit cards, think about taking cash with you)
- Personal expenses